The Rivers State People’s Democratic Party (PDP) former legislators forum has passed a vote of confidence on the Rivers State Governor, His Excellency, Siminialayi Fubara, GSSRS, KSC.
They called on all well meaning residents of Rivers State to rally round the Governor to enable him carry out his duties for which he was elected by Rivers people.
They condemned the political tension in the state, occasioned by the actions of some members of the Rivers State House of Assembly.
In a communique jointly signed by their chairman, Hon. Daniel Tanunoopubo Wilcox-Buruwi and secretary, Hon. Warisenibo Christopher Jackson and made available to newsmen, they further condemned the defection of about 27 members of the State Assembly into the All Progressive Congress (APC), insisting that their seats be declared vacant.
They called on Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct a fresh election to fill in their seats.
The communique further reads:
COMMUNIQUE REACHED TODAY 12TH DECEMBER, 2023, AT THE OFFICIAL INAUGURATION CEREMONY OF THE STATE EXECUTIVES OF PDP FORMER LEGISLATORS’ FORUM, RIVERS STATE CHAPTER, HELD AT OGBUM-NABALI CIVIC CENTRE, PHC, RIVERS STATE
1. That Warisenibo Hon. Daniel Opubo Wilcox-Buruwi and his State Executives were inaugurated during the colourful ceremony.
2. That all former legislators of PDP extraction are encouraged to join the State body through their respective LGA forum.
3. That all LGA co-ordinators are directed to commence massive involvement of PDP former legislators in their respective LGA forums.
4. That the State Executive shall soon commence arrangement for the inauguration of the various LGA chapters of the forum.
5. The State chapter of former PDP legislators forum condemned the political tension occasioned by the actions of some members of the Rivers State House of Assembly.
6. The forum further condemned the defection of about 27members of the State Assembly into the APC and further insisted that their seats be declared vacant while calling on INEC to conduct a fresh election to fill in their seats.
7. The forum finally passed a vote of confidence on his Excellency Governor Siminialayi Fubara, GSSRS, KSC, and called on all well meaning residents of Rivers State to rally round the Governor to enable him carry out his duties for which he was elected by Rivers people, even as the forum throws her weight behind Governor SIM Fubara led Rivers State Government.
Hon. Daniel Tanunoopubo Wilcox-Buruwi,
Warisenibo Christopher Jackson
Secretary, Rivers State PDP former legislators forum.
Copyright © EaglesWatchOnline 2023 All rights reserved.
This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without written permission from EaglesWatchOnline.