Rivers Protest Explosion: Suspect Arrested, In RSUTH ICU


The prime suspect in the self detonated dynamite explosion by a pro-Wike supporter yesterday has been found and arrested.

The suspect who was rushed to the Rivers State University Teaching Hospital by some persons who bolted away except for one immediately after dropping him is currently detained by the Nigerian Police at the Intensive Care Unit of the Teaching Hospital.

Alerting the public on the development, Rivers State Commissioner for Health, Dr Adaeze Oreh said following the incident yesterday at an axis near the Hotel Presidential in the State, the State Government alerted all hospital facilities to be vigilant and report any patient with injuries related to a blast and traumatic upper limb amputation.

“So when a young man was brought to the Rivers State University Teaching Hospital with alleged injury sustained during what was said to be a road traffic accident, the medical personnel that were on hand to examine him and offer medical care were on alert and immediately recognized that injuries seen on the individual were not in tandem with a road traffic accident, but rather resembled injuries that would have come from blast.”

“The individual was taken to the Theater for immediate resuscitation because as at the time he was brought in he was semi-conscious but the medical personnel did the needful and immediately informed the Rivers State Government, the Commissioner of Police and Rivers State Ministry of Health about the presence of that individual in the facility even when providing emergency medical care to revive and resuscitate him.”

She assured that the patient is currently stable, and the Hospital Management is working with the Rivers State Police Command to ensure that the Hospital is fully secured and necessary investigations carried out by the Police.

“And so in this manner we just need to inform the public that this is the update following the explosion during the protest in Port Harcourt.”

Recall that during a protest by pro-Wike group on Tuesday, June 25, 2024 in Port Harcourt, an explosive suspected to be dynamite was detonated by one of the protesters at the Hotel Presidential area and was immediately rushed to an unknown destination. Initial report has it that he was feared dead in the process until later when the Commissioner for Health informed the media that the patient was brought to the Rivers State University Teaching Hospital and still alive as he is being attended to.

Copyright © EaglesWatchOnline 2023 All rights reserved.

This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without written permission from EaglesWatchOnline.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.